Wednesday 30 September 2009

Such a Failure . . .

There's no Ifs or Buts - I've failed. And miserably so, too. The tasks I have been handed this week, I have left on the floor, completely neglected. I know they were handed to me in good faith, and in trust that I would tend to them lovingly, but I haven't.

For this, I can only apologise, and hope to seek forgiveness from those involved . . . ie, Father.

Yes, Marie has taken a long deserved week off this week, and among her many jobs that were distributed throughout the office was the task of looking after Father. Breakfast and toast was to be made every morning (only in hopes that our kitchen wouldn't burn down), followed by a coffee or a tea, and a good long nagging session to remind him to take his tablets. This is a task that Marie prides herself in doing, and in which she entrusted me with.

I have let her down.

This morning Father had to make his own breakfast, and turned down a tea offer from Rob, of all people. I did nag him about his pills though, but this was too little too late. The damage had been done.

I have failed, and I'm sure if Father could have his own way, he'd lead me to the block and have my head. Fortunately this isn't viable as they still need me to write the blogs, so we bargained and agreed that it should be hung low with shame instead.

I wonder if I'll remember tomorrow, or the day after?

D. Ilott
Cybercheckout
Gridstop Ltd

3 comments:

Martin Willoughby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cybercheckout.co.uk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cybercheckout.co.uk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.