Tuesday 1 September 2009

Didn't Father Do Well . . .

Didn't he?

He managed all three blogs during my week off. I was beginning to worry, to tell you the truth. There is now another competitive blogger in the near vicinity. I was concerned that my readers would desert me, he done that well . . . but I'm back now, guarding and growling at anyone who comes near.

But Father did do a very good job, and my thanks goes out to him.

It's all changed now I've come back, and the most dramatic of all is the absence of our much loved ebay guru, Alison. Sadly, she has now left us, but not before a good leaving do that is planned for tomorrow night. I'll keep you informed how it goes.

My week off in sunny Devon: We visited Dartmoor, and what a wonderfully tranquil place it is. The Tors are a spectacular sight. I've heard the stories of the wild ponies that roam the hills, but have never seen them. Now I have, and they were everywhere. Although - I discovered - there are only a few hundred of the original wild pony breed left. People have released their own domestic ponies, and the two have been breeding, gradually making the original Dartmoor Pony a thing of the past. There are heritage and conservation sites about the moors to try and preserve them. It's a shame, and all I kept thinking about was what if they get cold? Do they not know that we sell horse rugs that can keep them warm during the cold winter months. Have the ponies not heard of Cybercheckout?? Shocking!

The West Country is a very pony/horsey orientated place, so if you are a reader from Devon or Cornwall, pass the word that we exist. We have to keep our ponies warm now the cold nights are drawing in.

I'm just glad that I made it out of Dartmoor in one piece, though. If I had got lost I could easily have been eaten by the Dartmoor beast . . . either that or found myself in Dartmoor Prison. Still, if that were the case, at least I know my blog would be in good hands . . .

D. Ilott
Cybercheckout
Gridstop Ltd

2 comments:

Martin Willoughby said...

You made it out in one piece? You weren't driving then.

Cybercheckout.co.uk said...

Do you blame me? The moors may be pretty, but have you seen those hills?? I wouldn't even walk down them...