Wednesday 16 September 2009

YAAWWWNN . . . .!!!

Well, summer has come and is just leaving us now. I don't know where it's gone, and I feel cheated! Now the mornings are getting darker, and I don't like it, but, it does mean I get to use my alarm clock to it's full potential again.

Last year my old alarm clock decided to give up the ghost and so I thought I'd treat myself to one of our high lux, blue light alarm clocks. They look very modern and attractive, I have to say, and looks great sitting next to my bed.

Basically, it's an alarm, the kind that beeps and wakes you up with a start in the morning, but . . . BUT . . . it also has a blue light that lights up before the alarm goes off. You can either set it to light up 15 minutes before the alarm or 30 minutes, and what it does is gradually light up bar by bar. This is supposed to simulate the rising of the sun, and gently wakes you naturally before your time to actually get up - or in my case set my snooze button - and generally helps you to feel better through out the rest of the day.


The mornings now are getting that dark the light is actually waking me up before the alarm - two mornings in a row this has worked. Obviously this didn't happen in the summer - or what was supposed to have been summer. The reappearance of the sun doing its daily rounds around the globe worked perfectly for me, but now the sun isn't yet at its full potential by the time my alarm goes off. It reminded me this morning of what a wonderful invention this alarm clock actually is.

However, it's missing one vital thing. Despite the fact that it wakes me up, it doesn't get me out of bed. Along with dark mornings comes cold mornings, and all I want to do is stay snuggled up under the duvet (gotta love that snooze button). So what this clock actually needs is a long arm with a hammer that'll come out and whack you on the head until you get up.

Just as long as I don't whack it back in self defence . . .

D. Ilott
Cybercheckout
Gridstop Ltd

1 comment:

Martin Willoughby said...

Morning...get up...hmmmm...yes I remember that....vaguely.