Friday 4 September 2009

Finally . . . Al's leaving do . . .

Yawn!

Had a late one this morning, and so got to spend another hour in bed. Our Spiritual Guide, our dear old Drew, has decided he wants to keep his hand in my Dispatch work, and so every Friday he will be in the office at 7.30am, by himself, sorting through all your orders while I'm just thinking about getting up. And he's just literally informed my that it is his favourite time of the day, too.

Now at 8.45am, I am sitting at my desk, no downloads to do, no orders to send, and twiddling my thumbs. The idea is to get me doing marketing work all day - some quality marketing work - but I'm not sure our marketing guru is even out of bed yet, so this is the perfect time to blog. My favourite time of the day . . .

Alison's leaving do - or meal - went very well and was very nice. It was just a shame I couldn't drink as I was driving. A glass of wine would have gone well with the meal. We all had a whip-round to get her a present, but then at the last minute no one could think what to get her. Our heads just were not on form. In the end we gave her the cash. She has just moved into a new house and so we knew it would come in handy to help her get it sorted.

Alison has been involved with the company from year dot - a good few years - has left three times, but has come back three times. There have been good moments, and there have been bad moments, but you have to take the rough with the smooth, and when you compare it all together, you know she's going to miss us terribly. I'd miss me. Why wouldn't I? But on the other hand, we are all going to miss her too. Alison is a wonderful person, and was a great colleague to work with through out the years. If ever you had a question, Alison always knew. She will be sadly missed, and we all wish her the best of luck for the future.

Now all I have to stare at is an empty desk with a computer on, but I'm thinking of turning into a vulture and circling over it a good few times with a set of beady eyes on her fancy keyboard . . .

Au revoir Alison . . .

D. Ilott
Cybercheckout
Gridstop Ltd

2 comments:

Martin Willoughby said...

Nick the keyboard while no one's looking.

Cybercheckout.co.uk said...

Someone has half-inched the keyboard!!!
The jackle got there before the vulture!