Monday 5 October 2009

Random Blog Topics . . .

It becomes hard when everything in the office is ticking over just nicely, day in and day out, and there is nothing - absolutely nothing - going on around you that you can use for inspiration. I love blogging three times a week, I actually look forward to doing them, but sometimes it becomes a struggle to find topics. I often find myself waking up in the mornings, thinking to myself "oh, it's blog day! Just what am I going to blog about today?"

But nothing jumps to mind.

I'm sure if you're a fellow blogger who blogs frequently, you'd understand. Like some of the blogs I follow in my spare time, most of these are written by aspiring writers, who use their blogs as an exercise to ensure they keep writing throughout their dry spells. Often, when working on a piece of writing such as a novel, the mind draws a blank, and you can find yourself sitting on your work for weeks without being able to string even a single decent sentence together. Blogging is a fantastic way to keep on writing, helping you through your block.

But there's nothing to stop your blogs from colliding with that block.

What our Marie kindly suggested not so long ago, was for everyone here to write a random topic and one to be pulled from a hat, so to speak. Then, I would have my topic . . . but the challenge would be to link that with either one of our products or the shenanigans that our staff can sometimes get up to.

The idea sounds rather intriguing, and I'm sure it will be a challenge that I would rise to and quite enjoy . . .

It'll come in handy for a rainy day . . . oh! Like today!

D. Ilott
Cybercheckout
Gridstop Ltd

No comments: