Friday 9 October 2009

A Leafy Outlook . . .

I've been busy this week writing some descriptions for our new products - and some of those new products are our artificial trees.

Now, I've been brought up with someone who's had the greenest of fingers, and who practically managed to turn our conservatory into something resembling the amazon rainforest. These traits have been passed down to me, and I'm pretty good at keeping household plants - although I'm staying well away from the rainforest look. The first thing I made sure our home had when we moved in two years ago was a plant.

I love plants. I like the feel they provide the room. A home without a plant feels empty to me, and not homey at all. I don't quite know why I feel like that but I do. I also like the colour they add to drab areas. In this very office on my desk sits not one, but two little cacti. Both sit there and look pretty, and gives my working area a more welcoming feel.

But what if you haven't got green fingers? What if you want that feeling but you only have to look at a house plant and it dies? Then fear no more. Artificial plants these days look remarkably real, and can create the same homey effect, but without the hassle. You don't have to worry about watering it, about it growing too big for its pot and needing re potting, you don't have to worry about pruning it, about feeding (yes, plants need feeding too), you don't have to worry about anything - except maybe giving it a dust every now and then.

Because I've always been pretty good with plants, the thought of purchasing an artificial one seems to defeat the object for me, but as I sat here and typed their descriptions I began to see their benefits. They're also good for decorating the workplace where no one really wants the responsibility of looking after it. They're a good idea, and if I wasn't trying to control the ever growing forest in my own home, I may have found myself sold.

But then it may be in my best interesting to let the forest grow. Could be quite interesting watching Tarzan swing from the rafters in his loin cloth . . .

Grrr . . .

D. Ilott
Cybercheckout
Gridstop Ltd

No comments: