Monday 13 July 2009

Buzzing New Tents . . .


My apologies to all readers out there for the fact that there was no blog on Friday. We had a very busy day . . . out of the office.

Our shipment of brand new tents have arrived and are, as we speak, being loaded onto our website.

We spent the day taking advantage of the sun, and putting one of each up in a colleague's rather large garden. It was great team work, putting them up, taking photos, videoing them, testing them, and then taking them back down again. This batch is far better than our original tents (not that there's anything wrong with them anyway) but they have sewn-in ground sheets, colour coded poles and easy to follow instruction, luminous guy ropes so people don't trip over them in the dark, and . . . wait for it . . . the best comes last . . . our brand and website printed on the side. I think they're great.

Just like our last team-building day where tents were involved, the day was a success - but we did start to lag a touch towards the end. We got all the tents up, down and put away before the day was out, had a slight laugh during, and also managed to employ a few new members of staff to help us with our job . . . however, it was soon obvious that their minds were not fully on the task at hand.

Although, I do have a confession. I murdered a bee. It wasn't my fault! He was on my jumper when I picked it up and he stung my hand. By the time we acquainted ourselves he was half dead . . . poor thing. I couldn't sleep all night through guilt!

I called him Eric. 'Eric the half a Bee . . .' and this is dedicated to him:

A one... two-- A one... two... three... four...
Half a bee, philosophically,
Must, ipso facto, half not be.
But half the bee has got to be
Vis a vis, its entity. D'you see?

But can a bee be said to be
Or not to be an entire bee
When half the bee is not a bee
Due to some ancient injury? . . .

My thanks to the Monty Python clan for their thoughtful song in memory of my little Eric.

But seriously, check out our new tents!

D. Ilott
Cybercheckout

No comments: