Friday 24 April 2009

Team Building....Tents


Well, it's Friday once again, and you know what that means, don't you! It's Blog Day (bet you thought I was going to mention the Weekend...) This week has been far from normal for us here at the world of Cybercheckout. We had a Team Building day. It started on Tuesday, and will be forever in our minds. You could say we've been scarred.


Those of us who were included got taken down to a local park and we spent the day....putting up tents. Again, it was all for marketing purposes. We had a selection of tents that we needed to build and take photos of for our website. We worked in teams, a few building them, a few tarting them up (ie, pegging down, putting in bedrooms, and attaching guy ropes) and a few taking photos and filming. It was very...eventful.


Like I've done before, I could use this entire blog to talk about one particular tent, but that would be pointless in a way. We have a wide range, and it's not really going to be any use to you unless you are after the specific tent I choose I write about. Instead, I'm going to talk about them as a whole.

We have lots; dome tents, pop-up tents, tunnel tents, Tipees, 2 berth, 4 berth, all the way to 12 berth. It just all depends on your needs and how many people it is to house. Camping can be such a fun time, and with the summer well on its way now, it's the perfect time to start preparing.

And don't be daunted by the thought of putting one up! If our team can do it, you can do it. I don't particularly harbour that much knowledge of tents and how they go up, but I managed, and that's saying something, believe me. I even managed to take one down and pack it away perfectly by myself. I was rather impressed.

The day on a whole though was good. The weather was lovely - some of us suffered later - and our `Spiritual Guide` treated us to refreshments and Monster Munch. What more could we ask for? The innuendos were flying in thick and fast (most of which I got blamed for - can't quite understand why) and a laugh was generally had all round, until we got tired.

Soon, our tents will be accompanied by better images and video recordings on our website, proving how easy they are to 'erect' (sorry, had to slip that one in....oops), and if you're contemplating a camping holiday this summer, then check our website out. You can never plan too early.




D. Ilott
Cybercheckout ltd

No comments: