Friday 6 November 2009

To Boldly Go Where No Pastie Has Gone Before . . .

We've had some monstrous items in just recently. One of these is a halogen oven - yes, you heard right - a halogen oven!

For those who are taking the healthier route down life, this is perfect for you. It cooks via a hot halogen light at the top, and it allows you to grill, bake, steam, roast . . . and much more that I can't think of off the top of my head. It's great for those who suffer with high cholesterol too, as it reduces the amount you intake. It's very healthy and easy to use, and it cooks at lightning speed. The catchphrase is "Get that Oven taste at Microwave speed . . . "

However, I don't think cooking food is all this machine is capable of doing. The fact that it looks like a little robot from outer space instantly gave me food for thought. It conspired against me yesterday - yes, it did, I tell ya. It stole the Cornish pastie I was going to have for lunch - a Cornish pastie fresh from the Western shores - and hid it so that I couldn't get to it. The halogen light doubles as one of those `transporters` from StarTrek, and it just beamed it right off my plate!

And then it recorded a strange image of me and stored it in its database! It's obvious that it's got a photographic memory, and it stored my profile for later use. God knows what it's got in mind for me. If there are no blogs next week, you'll know where to find me. I'll be squished inside it's glass bowl. But at least I'll be reunited with my pastie.

Other than that, I imagine that it can cook up a rather good meal . . .

D. Ilott
Cybercheckout
Gridstop Ltd

No comments: