Monday 3 August 2009

The 40 Year Revenge . . .

In last Friday's blog (31st July - the Greek Legend of Hotstones . . . ) I stated at the end that it was our Spiritual Guide's 40th Birthday. Yes, 40; 40 years old; the big 4-0!

He was most impresssed that I had mentioned this in celebration of his coming into the world - and if you can hear the sarcastic tone of the voice in my head, you might begin to comprehend just how impressed he was.

I may have exaggerated just slightly - but only slightly. He was actually 36 years old on Saturday, not 40. But we all celebrated like it was his 40th, and we even got a huge sheet and pinned it to the railing outside our offices stating `Happy 40th Birthday`. . .

Oh, how he loved us . . .

He still does, and believes that revenge is a dish best served cold. He's warned us all that he doesn't forget, and that our time will come. How exciting!

But what sort of punishment would best suit a minor crime such as this? I mean it's not like we advertised to the whole world that he was 4 years older than what he truly was . . . it's not like we published it in the local paper (which we were intending to but didn't want to pay the expense) . . . and it's not like we told him that he looks 40 - or even 140. We did none of those things. So is this a 36 year old mountain made from a 40 year old molehill, I ask myself?

Hmm....but I do believe he is the sort of person who won't forget this. It's just a good job my birthday is a long way off. He will have forgotten about it by then . . . after all, his mind isn't what it used to be . . .

Mwah ha ha haaaa . . . .

D. Ilott
Cybercheckout
Gridstop Ltd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandad we love you!! lol