Friday 29 May 2009

Everybody OFF THE ROAD!!!

I'm booking my driving test today, so I'm warning everyone now that I will soon be out there, causing havoc and mayhem on our good ol` British highways.

It's not easy being an adult and learning to drive. When you're younger you have no fear. When you're older everything scares you! You find yourself stopping completely at open junctions and saying `should I, shan't I`, regardless of the fact you're the only bugger on the road. And that's just the start of it all. (Or is this just me?)

But despite the fact that I'm going to - or might, depending whether I pass or not - be gaining a valid driving license, I'm still not ready to put my push-bike into retirement. I used to bike everywhere, and still enjoy taking a ride through the woods and round the winding country lanes and tracks. It's good to feel the open wind blowing through your hair, feeling free, and for me it's the closest thing to independence in regards to transport.

So one of these may come in handy. It means I can have the best of both worlds. I can drive to somewhere I can bike....

http://www.cybercheckout.co.uk/Items/940000116?sck=4604688&caSKU=940000116&caTitle=Power%20Devil%20Bike%20Carrier%20**%20FREE%20P%26P%20**

....Just as long as I don't have to bike to somewhere I can drive. I don't think my bike is strong enough to support the weight of my car...

D. Ilott
Cybercheckout Ltd

No comments: