Tuesday 26 May 2009

Sun and Shade

Okay, hands up who got caught out by the sun this weekend?

It was such a glorious bank holiday weekend. The patio furniture came out, the BBQ came out, the food was cooked, and the drink was flowing nicely. The sun was shining, and the smiles and laughter was just as bright.

Unfortunately it was a bit too bright.

I woke up the next morning feeling like a cooked lobster. I know it was all my fault. I should have considered the affects of a sunny day spent in the back garden, but when you're merrily enjoying yourself those thoughts are non-existent.

And I blame the fact that we haven't had many weekends as nice as this one for a long time. With us being used to the British climate, the thought of getting burnt on the first real sunny weekend isn't possible in our minds. It's as if after the winter months, we need proof that the sun we are seeing is real and is still just as capable of burning us to a frazzle as it was last year.

Oh yes! I've seen enough proof, thank you very much!

Note to self: Apply cream and invest in some shade covering.




D. Ilott
Cybercheckout Ltd

No comments: