Wednesday 13 May 2009

Strum Your Way into a Musical Future!

`I got my first real six-string,
Bought it at the five and dime,
Played it `till my fingers bled,
It was the summer of 69...`
- Brian Adams - `Summer of 69`

Fortunately, your fingers won't bleed when you play our guitar. The thought of suffering bleeding fingers is enough to stump anyones aspirations. Frankly, I don't blame them, but our guitar is `finger friendly`. Instead of steel strings, they are nylon and easier to use, especially for beginnings.




I'm not a musical person. I love listening to it - in fact I prefer it to watching TV. I can keep up with a beat and dance along to it (just, if you can call it dancing), but put a guitar in my hands and you'll be greeted with a dumb-struck look, stating `What the hell am I supposed to do with this?` I have many talents, but playing musical instruments is not one of them.

I know people who do, however. Now these are people with talent. I went to a local gig not so long ago, and one of the supporting bands consisted of a group of teenagers. The lead guitarist only looked to be twelve (we were placing bets), and I couldn't believe how good he was. He was that young and playing like a pro. If he keeps up the good work, I've no doubt he'll find the path of musical success.

I really admire people like that. I admire talent and encourage anyone to use it.

Which is why I'm blogging about our guitar. It's perfect for beginners - and it's finger friendly, so you don't have to dread picking it up.

I'll even help you write your first song:

`I got my first real six-string,
Bought from Cybercheckout
Played it till my fingers nearly bled but didn't 'coz it's finger-friendly
T'was the summer of 2009...'

Yeah, I'm no song writer, am I. I won't give up my day job . . .

D. Ilott
Cybercheckout Ltd

No comments: