Friday 19 June 2009

Rise of the Cybercheckout Machines...!


I went to the Cinema on Wednesday and saw the Fourth installation of the Terminator films. I'm sorry, but I've always been a big fan of these; good ol` Arnie dressed in leather with dark glasses, and riding a bike while brandishing a gun. It's all-out action from beginning to end, and don't forget how spectacular the second one was when it first came out.

Back then, the special effects in Terminator II was evidence of our technological evolution. Things were on the rise. And today we are even further along with our advances.

Retail can be alluded to in the same way. First things were sold on market stalls; then came shops; now there is the Internet. You don't even have to leave the comforts of your own home to do your weekly shop - or buy a tent. How impressive is that?

But it raises the question of how close to reality these films are? How far can we advance before technology turns around and bites us on the *&!*?

I personally believe it's already begun - right here at Cybercheckout. Our online system is developing a mind of its own, and it's out to sabotage our good name. The affects so far are only small, and you may think me strange (no shocker there) but it's present none-the-less. At the moment it's curled up and laying dormant in our spellchecker on our emails. It's chosen one word so far to use and prove its existence, and all you have to do is spell it wrong.

The chosen word is Inconvenience.

Now, how many of you have spelt this word wrong and spellchecker has automatically corrected it, without you realising, to Incontinence?

I rest my case.

I sincerely apologise for any Incontinence this blog has caused...



But don't worry...I'll be back!!!




D. Ilott
Cybercheckout

No comments: