Monday 22 June 2009

Annual Stock Take


Well, it's that time of year again. This week is our Annual Stock Take week.

I apologise for all those who have wanted to place orders through our website but couldn't, and all those who have pulled their hair out, cursed at the monitor, and thrown their base unit across the room before realising that there is a banner on the top stating what is happening. (Yes, I do that. I miss things. It's easily done, and I'm blonde, which is a recipe for disaster really)

We will be back for business as usual on the 25th of June, so don't run away. Come back then and you'll be able to place your order with no hassle at all.

I know it's annoying, but it is a necessity I'm afraid. And there are a few advantages to it.

The first is that we get on top of what stock we have.

The second is that we usually find long-forgotten products hiding in the darkest corners of our warehouse.

And the third - and most important - I get a day off. As I work with dispatch and we are not shipping anything at the moment, I am unneeded, surplus to requirements, obsolete. So I will be a lady of leisure tomorrow, spending some quality time with my cat, and getting some personal writing done, dragging myself nearer to the end of my novel and closer to the publishers . . . wishful thinking . . .

See? It's not all bad now, is it . . . ?

D. Ilott
Cybercheckout

No comments: